Saturday, July 01, 2006

Wake Me Up When September Ends

I have just resigned from my company.
I still can’t believe it. Finally it really happens.
I still can’t believe finally I can tender my resignation letter.
After 4 years, 4 bloody years.
As per my contract, I have to stay in my company for another 3 months to complete all the projects or hand them over to my successor.

What’s wrong with my company?
Uhm, nothing.

It’s only that I’m not ready to end up here.
I feel like a big fish in a small pond.
I want to go to bigger pond. I want to go to the ocean.
I may go down drowning over there, but at least I have to try.

And it’s not only a bigger pond.
I want to go to a place where people judge me only based on my expertise and my capabilities to deliver the work. And nothing else.
I want to go to a place where I can grow.
Where I can’t see the end of the road.
The place that respects me for what I can do.

You may call me a dreamer.
That place may not even exist.
After 3 months, I may find myself standing in nowhere.
But instead of die in curiosity keep thinking about it, it’s better to try to find out.
And I still have time to dream until 1st October.

So please wake me up when September ends.
And if you know that such place really exists, please let me know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, im big fan of your BLOG.

sometime ago i was in similar stage of my career. after 5 years i moved from enterprise to vendor. there where are you want to go. good luck ! and keep posting, maybe more often :)

Anonymous said...

hello himawan,

ali from Du(eitc)...so finally it happened. well... lets try to get together atleast once before you fly over the cold ocean and reach the land of the free...and dreams.

best of luck for your future and keep posting...your blog provides a lot of food for thought for guys like me.

Anonymous said...

Hey man,

I am exactly in the same situation as you. "big fish, small pond". I just resigned my job last week, and I'm off to a new company where I believe my skills are subpar compared to the norm. But the prospect of learning and working with people a lot smarter than I am keeps me going. I'm excited and at the same time scared. Hope everything goes well for you. Good luck.