Thursday, July 20, 2006

Breathe the Free Air

After Cisco announced the update to CCIE Service Provider lab, I decided to delay my lab schedule. I want to pass the lab with 7200 on it. It will be more fun.

So it looks like I won't be Triple CCIE by 30.
And for sure I won't be Triple CCIE while still in my current company. I have resigned three weeks ago and my last day of employment will be October 1st, 2006. From now until my last day I will be busy completing some projects, looking for a new job and preparing myself for the updated CCIE SP lab.

It's quite funny. I will be jobless in couple of months but I'm not afraid. I have no car, I live in strange country alone, and I slept in my rental car couple of days ago because they kicked me out from my apartment, but I'm still feeling good! My mind is free because now I'm the one who controls my schedule, my projects and my life.

I breathe the free air.

And since I have sold all my labs to gain my financial status back to balance, now I can only practice with remote lab. At home I'm using Cisco 7200 Simulator in my laptop to simulate an ISP network with 3 P and 3 PE routers. The simulator surely brings down my laptop down to its knee with 100% CPU utilization all the time, but it's good enough to keep me busy.

So no car, no job, no home, no lab, live alone. But I'm free.

"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything."
-- Fight Club

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck!! Keep at it!