Thursday, April 05, 2012

Students' Concern

During my meeting with the students from 4 universities in Indonesia last week, I didn't just go and start presenting the material I've prepared. Instead, I used online voting system Textello to see what topic the students would like me to present.

And majority of the students prefer career related material over technical.





Even during the 8-hour workshop with hundred IT professionals I used the same system to see what the main interest from the audience is. And the result is similar.


This is matched with my opening lines in every session last week:
"I graduated 13 years ago and realized I didn't know what I want to do. I didn't have competitive advantage compare to others who graduate at the same time. I didn't know what and how to start pursuing professional career."

The real question is: what can we do about it?

Btw, Textello is created by my friend from Gulfware, a start up company in Dubai that provides complete IT solution for EMEA region.

4 comments:

Fauzi Yusuf said...

I believe what Mas Himawan do will help student and professional to know how to compete in global market. Mas Himawan already make the best figure in Cisco certification for Indonesian student/professional.

I have some ideas that match with Mas Himawan vision. When it's ready, I'll contact you Mas.

BR, Fz - winner bidding some of your books in Plaza Bapindo

Daniel said...

Hello,

Maybe you can translate the presentation on "How to compete in the Global Market" in english ?

I will really like to see it.

Thanks,
Daniel

Himawan Nugroho said...

Hi Daniel, when I have time I may repeat the session in English using WebEx. But can't promise

arizona corporation said...

That is quite ingenious! I'm a trainer myself and oftentimes I find it hard to start my session without getting sidetracked. So an online voting like yours that can be done off-session will surely help. Is that something that can be shared or downloadable? I'm willing to pay anyway if the case be. Thanks!