Saturday, November 17, 2007

Goodbye My Lover

Today is my last day in San Jose. Tonight I have to fly to the next destination: Sydney, through Hong Kong and Singapore in transit. It’s going to be a long flight. I will be in the plane for about 24 hours, and even my flight from Singapore to Sydney will use the new big bird Airbus A380 but it will still consume all my energy.

I have spent 16 days in US and it’s been an unforgettable experience. This is the place that has broaden my view to see the world from different perspective. This is the place where I met the love of my life. This is the place that offers me new purpose. Even San Jose and the surrounding cities are a bit too quite for me but I spent most of my spare time enjoying San Francisco, and I must admit I have fallen in love to this city.

During my journey in the past several years, I have traveled many cities in different countries. Based on preferences, San Francisco and Sydney are my most favorite cities. And my love is waiting for me in both places. Amsterdam comes next, but unfortunately the closer city where I can see her is Brussels. If somehow I can't move to those cities, and when all hopes seem fail, I still can go to Dubai. I may not see my love so often from there, but at least I can go back to my old habit snowboarding in indoor snow park.

So the question is: what should I do to get my true love?
Architecture. Learn more and more deeper about the architecture. Hardware architecture, software architecture and the protocols architecture. Then get more experience in deployment. Not only to configure and to troubleshoot, but to make proper design and to integrate as well. Last but not least, I need to start learning how to automate a process so I don’t have to manually set something up.

I have to fly tonight. And I feel really sad.
But one thing for sure, I know what to do next.













Goodbye, San Jose. Till we meet again.

No comments: