Friday, October 15, 2010

CCIE Common Things

If you either one of the following:

- graduated from non-computer science nor IT
- have no clue on how to start pursuing the certification
- do not get any CCIE training from the company
- are living separate from the family just to study
- got pressure to pass CCIE
- must pay the lab exam yourself
- are not a Cisco employee
- are an ordinary guy, not an expert nor a geek

and you still want to become CCIE, then we may have things in common! Well, at least you share the common things with me at some point of time in my life.

I graduated from mechanical engineering. I didn't learn anything related to computer networking in campus except how to use IRC to chat and how to master the networked game like Warcraft, neither did I know about the certification program. I got into CCNA and the job as network engineer by chance, but then I took one certification at a time even I didn't get any Cisco training at all until CCIE. I used to live separate from my family just to study. I got the pressure from the company to pass my first CCIE on two attempts, or 'else'. For my second CCIE I must saved money to pay the two attempts. I had already two CCIEs before I joined Cisco. And until now I don't consider my self an expert nor a geek :)

You see, all the above didn't stop me to pass 3 CCIEs and get a job in a respected team with Cisco Systems.

If you are interested to hear more, you can join the free webex session of "CCIE Experiences: a complete story of how to prepare, pass, work and live as CCIE" in English on Sunday, 24 October 2010 from 11 am to 1 pm Dubai time (UTC+4). It really is a complete story of my CCIE journey, starting from the very beginning (CCNA) until I passed CCIE in 3 tracks. I will discuss about how I prepared, how I built the home lab to practice, from where I get funded, my experience during lab day, my life after I have become CCIE and so on, with some advices about the career in computer networking.

The session is open for everyone, as long as you are willing to register here. Once your registration is approved, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions for joining the meeting.

Until today there are already more than 300 people around the world have registered. They come from different background and companies, such as from our customers, partners, universities, Cisco employees and even from competitors.

It will be an exciting Sunday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for setting this up, Himawan.
For people unable to attend the meeting on Sunday will there be a replay of it?

Thanks,

Jose Ribeiro

Himawan Nugroho said...

Hi Jose,
I will record the session but the quality of the recording may not be consistent and obviously it won't be interactive

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to it Himawan.Have invited a couple of my mates,one big CCIE-inspired party :)