Tuesday, September 28, 2010

CCIE Experiences

Two years ago I gave a 45-minutes session of "How to Become CCIE" on Cisco Networkers Solution Forum in my country, Indonesia. The response was quite positive, the big hall where I presented was full and I got the highest feedback among all the speakers in that event. Few months later I presented similar topic in front of the students of my former university. But I added more slides about the story of my life while preparing for the lab exam, my experience during lab day, with some advices about the career as network engineer. 

This Sunday I have scheduled a WebEx meeting for the session that I call "CCIE Experiences: a complete story of how to prepare, pass, work and live as CCIE". I will use the same material that I presented in my university, with some update to the exam information. It's open for any Indonesian networkers only, since I will conduct the session in my native language Bahasa. If you look at the agenda below you can see that the session may be beneficial not only for those who are currently preparing for CCIE, but as well as for those who have just started following the certification program, or for those who are still thinking to move to networking field:

- About the Speaker
- How I Did It, the Summary of My Journey
- Story of Others
- Career @ Global Market, Career @ Cisco Systems
- How to Become Engineer ++ “Menjadi Network Engineer ++”
- How to Start “Bagaimana Untuk Memulai” FAQ
- Insert: Cisco Networking Academy Program
- How to Become a CCIE
- Cisco Certification overview
- CCIE program overview
- CCIE Service Provider overview
- CCIE written and lab exam
- Lab exam grading
- How to pass, tips from someone who has done it 3 times
- Sharing my CCIE experiences
- Questions and Answers
- Building Avatar

Don't expect to get real CCIE lab questions there.
No NDA material will be disclosed.

As I mentioned above, the session is more like a complete story of my CCIE journey, where you can hear how someone did it (three times), how did he prepare, his experience during lab day, and how he works and lives as CCIE after he passed, with some additional advices about the career in networking field. The best of all, the session is free and open to anyone as long as you are willing to register. 

Any Indonesian, or anyone who understands Bahasa, wherever you are, are welcomed to join this session. I will provide the list of WebEx numbers in many countries that you can dial.

Based on some comments I have received so far, I'm considering to repeat the WebEx session of this CCIE Experiences in English. The time is most probably on Sunday afternoon Dubai time, sometime next month. It will be on Sunday because I don't want to disturb everyone's normal working time. 

Let me know if you are interested with this English session. 

24 comments:

miroslaf said...

Of course. I'm waiting for any information.

zayphyoe said...

please do an English version too. :)

Anonymous said...

yup, English version would be interesting!

Anonymous said...

absolutely interested in the English session.. really looking forward to it!!

Sureshkumar Kolandaivel said...

Himwan, Requesting you to do it in english also, We are also will come to know, How to do that.

Anonymous said...

I'll be waiting for English session. Is there a seat limit for this WebEx, is it ok to broadcast this event to some of my friend...

Thanks!

Fernando said...

I'll be waiting for english session anxiously

Anonymous said...

It would be a honor to be part of that webex in english.
Please record it for future memory.

MCL_Nicolas said...

Need an english version :D

Ric said...

An English version would be great since I'm don't understand Bahasa :-)

Roger Perkin - CCIE in training said...

Yes please - It would be great to hear an English version.

Anonymous said...

English too please.

Anonymous said...

Yes, English version please!!

Anonymous said...

Please translate in English!!!

Anonymous said...

An english version would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Anonymous said...

Hi, please do so . . . we are waiting . . .this Sunday u mean 3rd Oct 2010?

Unknown said...

Yes, please have the session in english as well. It will help many including me! more than anxious to attend the session...

Unknown said...

Totally interested in the English version :)

Anonymous said...

English ver please, i 'm definitively in

Anonymous said...

English Version, will be great. Thanks for sharing.

Venkat said...

In English Version, Please..

Anonymous said...

hi, could any one tell me how to join webex and listen this program.

Anonymous said...

Definitely interested in an english version.

ccie training in india said...

I JUST LOVE THIS BLOG.