Saturday, July 04, 2009

Rock your world, I will

I can't rewind the time to go back to the past. And I won't do that even if I could. But frankly there was a time when life was so simple. High school. The time when I didn't think too much. The time I spent the most to practice playing drum. No CCIE, network, NGN, or Internet whatsoever. It was only me and my drum. And the everyday's effort to impress the girls at school. And the great feeling when I was able to take my dad's car without his permission to drive around the city. High school time is one of the greatest time, isn't it?

But despite all those fun I still don't want to become 17 again. What should I? Now I'm more mature. I am what I am today because of all decisions I made in the past. My mindset is shaped during the journey I have been through in life. I have traveled many places. I have seen different cultures. And now obviously I can afford a brand new Yamaha DTX electronic drum kit.

In between the pressure of my current project assignment, the upcoming CCDE exam, and some challenges in my personal life I got my self the drum kit this evening. This is not my effort to go back in time. This is real. Trying to excel my skill in drumming to match Lars Ulrich is one of my new targets in life. Well, most probably I won't be able to reach the target. But who cares? As long as I can play the new drum everytime I have a chance it will make me happy for sure. Electronic kit means I can play anytime since I can redirect the audio output to the earphone.

And I'm currently hiring too. I have several openings in my new rock band. If you can play electric guitar or bass, or if you can sing, and you don't mind to play Matchbox 20, Goo Goo Dolls, The Killers, U2 and Metallica sometime, you can send your resume to me. My ultimate goal is to try to perform in Networkers! If I'm not good enough to become a technical presenter there at least I can make some noise with my band.

Ah yes, I almost forget: CCIE is preferred but not compulsory to apply :) As long as you know the BGP packet format, or IPv6 addressing or at least understand the RFC 2547, you are more welcome to join.

Rock your world, I will.

8 comments:

dreams said...

hehe..u just make me laugh..
i look up to u and i want to follow in your foot step..have a good day bro..

Wassim said...

W've seen The Goo Goo Dolls, The Beatles, The Killers... Now here come The CCIEs :)

SickMonkey said...

My son will play lead guitar if you like. His tate runs mostly to Metallica and Van Halen....

Todd Vinny Vinciguerra said...

I am a newly certified CCVP. One day I will go for the CCIE, I'm a drummer as well. This summer I am recording and finishing my new book, Burning on Double Bass:Kick_Ass Exercises for your Feet. Maybe you have seen 2 articles that were published in Modern Drummer, Jan and April 2009 issues.Check out www.anotherstateofmind.com. Yes it needs to be updated. I have been busy studying.
Its good to see musicians diversify.
Hope you put your band together, stay in touch!!

timaz mohsenzadeh said...

Hi Himawam. sometimes ago i played piano but just because of other important interests, i did not time to complete my juorney! but I wish to take a part in your Cisco band, if you like to lead it!... your assistance or your coworker ... who knows? ...

Unknown said...

WTF...Rock on!

Ronald Widha said...

When's the audition? ;)

Andrew said...

My tips for beginning drummers seriously isn't to be able to worry about electronic digital drums - along with surely will not swap your current traditional arranged with an electronic digital set.