Friday, February 20, 2009

Title or Money?

According to the survey in the radio, people are more happy with their job designation compare to the salary. So it means they would rather have a nice job title even with less salary. Really? For me no, thanks, please give any title you want as long as the money is more.

But seriously, I don't think all of us agree with that survey. What's the meaning of job title? Once I refused a job offer with designation: Network Solution Architect for the whole region, because even the money was good too but the scope of the work is more in contract documentation and not doing the 'real' network solution.

So for me, it's not even the money that matters. It's more like what I do is the most important, compare to the title or the money. I want the job that makes me do things that I like, otherwise I will do it just to get survived. And fortunately we live in a strange world, where people who do things they like normally make more money :)

Just like in Batman: It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you.

Hmm, I should get a Bat Mobil instead of British 4WD.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm I like the best of both worlds :). Money + likable Job duties. I could care less about my "Job Title"

Anonymous said...

"If You're Good At Something, Never Do It For Free"
The Joker

When I was younger I've worked for less money than I think I've deserved. I had to learn, improve, grow. Now I ask what I think I worth, my pay raises yearly and my curriculum is always on the market until I'll find a good place to stay. In the meantime I've never stopped studying, it's the best thing I've ever done and do. Himawan you're a big inspiration, thank you for sharing your thoughts in this blog.
Roland

Unknown said...

Yes Youi right Expert !!! Money is motivation. money is important than job title, at the same time there should be challanges in the job.

Unknown said...

Hi,

You've nice blog. Several folks nowadays don't know whether they're obtaining appropriate salary for their profession. To be clear one can check on-line wage comparison websites to know what other businesses offer for the same position. For instance to compare wage of an analyst one can just type analyst salary in a salary comparison website like Whatsalary.com