Saturday, January 31, 2009

In This Part Of The World

In this part of the world, people may gain respect not because of what they know, their reputation or what they have done. But probably because of what they own, what they drive, how they look, what they wear, what family name they have, even to silly thing such as what passport they hold.

But respect is not the reason why I bought my latest toy.

When I got it, what I had in mind was just to have fun. I made a list of 10-things I want to do in life and one is related to skill and ability to ride different type of vehicle in all kind of terrains. Another reason is probably because I also want to tease my buddy who kept telling me I don’t deserve a British car >:)

In case you were wondering, nope, it’s not an Aston Martin. It was in Quantum of Solace movie too indeed, but it has 4WD, more doors and a bit lower BHP.



In this part of the world, all we need to do is slowing our pace a bit, lowering down our expectation, and everything will be alright.

The name is Bond. James Bond.
No, wait.
The name is Bourne. Jason Bourne.
Nah, never mind.

Stop whining. Start living. And live like you mean it.
Sand dunes, here I come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy reading your blog, but I'm a bit surprised to see this post about your new SUV though. I'm not an 'eco-warrior' or something , but it seems to contradict the concept of frugality which you spoke about earlier, but maybe that's just me.

Himawan Nugroho said...

Frugality to help the business, but I still have my own list of things I want to do in life before I die. That's why the RR, same case with my Ninja. And it's the skill building that matters, not the items.

Anonymous said...

what about another things in your list?