Sunday, July 10, 2005

Club of 600

It's been a while since my last post.
During the past couple of weeks I have taken a big decision to become a multiple CCIEs.
What the heck is multiple CCIEs?
If you don't know what CCIE is, click here.
It's the highest certification from Cisco Systems.
You have to take written exam and 8-hours lab to get it.

I'm a CCIE.
I have some other certifications too, but CCIE is the toughest.
It's been 4 years since I passed the exam in Tokyo, Japan.
Today I'm full of dust.. old and rusty.
Since I love to being on the edge, I have to get new challenges everytime.

When I took the exam, there were only around 7,000 CCIEs in the world.
As per June 1, 2005 there are 12,212 total of wolrdwide CCIEs.
This is the number of people like me who pass 1 CCIE lab exam.
In the same link you can see the most interesting part, at least for me:

"Many CCIEs have gone on to pass the certification exams in additional tracks, becoming a multiple CCIE. Below are selected statistics on CCIEs who are certified in more than one track.
Total with multiple certifications worldwide: 600"

Club of 600 experts! How cool is that?
Okay, I know it's going to cost me $$$, my social life, and a lot of time to pass. Just like what happened 4 years ago.
But that's the beauty of CCIE.
And I'm ready.
Will keep you guys updated.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The more I read the more i want to read? Is that twisted or what?

Anonymous said...

Realy I loved your blog and most of your articles, they're getting me excited and urge me to increase the efforts and pay more time, money, effort to be a valuable person in this world

Anonymous said...

thnx for sharing valuable info